HELP! Easy Touch 8 controlling 3 x Intellibrite 5G color LEDs and 2 x Glowbrite LEDs

JB2

Bronze Supporter
Aug 11, 2016
Hudsonville, MI
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-30
Not sure if this is the correct forum for this thread, please let me know and I can move it to the appropriate one. Here is my situation. The electricians are going to hook up my Easy Touch 8 this afternoon with the equipment listed below. I would like to be able to control the 3 x Intelibrite 5G Color LED's independently from the Glowbrite LEDs. I have two 300 w transformers. Do I have to use both or can all lights be connected to the one transformer, but still be controlled independently? Or do I hook up the 5Gs to one and the Glowbrites to the other? How would I wire this setup into the Easy Touch 8?

IntelliFlo VS Pump 011018
Clean and Clear Plus 420 Cartridge Filter 160301
EasyTouch Control System with the IC40
Screenlogic interface and wireless connection kit 522104
Mastertemp 250,000 BTU Heater 460732
IntelliValve Pool & Spa Valve Actuators 521485
3 - Deck jets
2 - Pentair Colorvision bubblers with Glowbrite LED lights for on the tanning ledge.
3 - Pentair Intellibrite 5G color LEDs

Thank you for you help!!

I have an EZ 8 with LED's in my pool and spa, and Globrite on my shelf. I control the pool, spa, and Globrite all independently as they are set on different relays. My PB did it though so someone else will have to tel you how. I just wanted to confirm that it can be done easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the 5Gs are low voltage then you will unfortunately have to use 2 transformers. The relays in the EasyTouch are too restrictive for low voltage circuits and you can not have low voltage wiring within a high voltage compartment.

As Brian said, the controller should switch the high voltage (120V) going to the transformer...this in turn turns on/off the 12VAC from the transformer and to the lights. You wire 120V to an Easy Touch Relay which runs out of the controller to the transformer. The transformer should connect to a junction box where all 3 Intellibrite's are connected. Note: Pentair recommends no more than 3 Intellibrites + 1 Intellibrite spa light per 300W transformer. You repeat this for the Globrites...120V to a second relay and to a second transformer and a second junction box.

http://www.pentairpool.com/pdfs/IntelliBrite 5G OM.pdf

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.