New Member - GVA 24 Actuators Help

Yup. That's what I thought. You can totally actuate your spillway. I recently (this past winter) upgraded mine with actuation.

I've read through this thread and a couple others... making progress but still am unsure about automating my spillway. I have a pool and raised spa with spillway that is creating a lot of aeration, driving up the Ph. Prologic ps-8 with 2 gva24 actuators. Pictures of plumbing below.

Currently, I am programmed for spa only and pool only modes. The pool only mode runs the spillway all the time due to where the actuator stop is set. I would like to enable spillway mode so that I can use the timers to run the spa for an hour a day and then pool only the rest of the day, but also run the spillway from the panel or remote.

Here what I am uncertain about. From what I've read I can only have the gva24 stop in two places, not three. It seems that, with only one actuator on the return line, I cannot automate all 3 modes (pool, spa, spillway). Is this correct, or am I missing something? Would I need a third actuator in order to do this?

File_001.jpgFile_002.jpg

Thanks in advance,
Mike

Mike,

Not sure how your system is plumbed, but normally to control the spillover with automation just uses the Intake Valve and Return valve.

1. When in the Pool mode, water is taken from the pool and returned to the pool
2. When in the Spa mode, water is taken from the Spa and returned to the Spa
3. When in the Spillover mode, water is taken from the Pool and returned to the Spa.

It does this without the need for any "three" position valve. So, if me, I'd reset the actuators to allow for normal Pool and Spa operation, and then I suspect your automation would turn the valves correctly for the spillover function when wanted.

Jim R.

Mike,

Not sure how your system is plumbed, but normally to control the spillover with automation just uses the Intake Valve and Return valve.

1. When in the Pool mode, water is taken from the pool and returned to the pool
2. When in the Spa mode, water is taken from the Spa and returned to the Spa
3. When in the Spillover mode, water is taken from the Pool and returned to the Spa.

It does this without the need for any "three" position valve. So, if me, I'd reset the actuators to allow for normal Pool and Spa operation, and then I suspect your automation would turn the valves correctly for the spillover function when wanted.

Jim R.

Seems simple enough, I'll give a shot this week! Thanks Jim!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.