Water Wand Cartridge Cleaner - anyone use this?

Sep 9, 2008
I've been looking at this new product that's supposed to help you clean your filters. I've found it on several pool supply sites. At Leslie's it's called a Water Wand Cartridge Cleaner and runs $21.99.

I'd like to know if anyone else has used this and whether it really works or not. I have 4 filter cartridges to clean and it takes me a long time and a lot of water to get them really clean so if this really works it would be worth it to me.

Thanks,

Patricia

Thanks for the input. I am always skeptical about new gadgets but cleaning 4 carts at once is a big job - takes me a couple hours minimum because we get so much debris in our pool and the small stuff gets stuck in carts.

I've tried using the panty-hose over the skimmer trick but ended up with the skimmer plugged up so many times due to the sheer amount of debris that I stopped using it. Didn't want to risk burning out the motor for the sake of making cleaning the carts easier. I can't run out to check the skimmer every hour around the clock which is what's required at times.

Patricia

Check the reviews on ebay and amazon 1st.

I bought the filter flosser which was about $25 mail order.
This product does not extend between each pleat.
It has about a dozen water orifices with excellant pressure.
This has cut the time to clean a cartridge by 75%.
It is made of high quality metal.
Don't store it near the muriatic acid, mine pitted.

I recently bought a company (Power Blue) that made the best filter cleaner product I had ever seen. It is a spray on wait 5 minutes and hose off. If you would like a sample to try just email me and I will send you some.

Jack

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.