Hi everyone! From my brief introduction to pools, I'm going to assume I'll be spending a lot of time on this forum. So thanks for the space and the help, and nice to meet all of you!
Long story short, the people that were (now fired) maintaining my pool and the pool supply employees are as clueless as me. I've been dumping tons of chlorine in the pool (5-6 tabs every 2-3 days), and my levels are still at 0. I took a sample in and the supply store and after determining my chlorine is in fact 0 and my nitrates were 30, they sent me home with a $105 bucket of shock. After dumping the first half in, I began reading on the internet and learned that the nitrites created by the shock will return form to nitrates and that I basically just wasted $105. From what I can see, I need to drain a decent portion of my pool, but I'm hesitant to do that because it seems like a pita.
My most recent numbers:
Would you guys agree that this shock is a waste of time (and money!) and that I need to dilute my pool?