Advice needed: Sealing/Resurfacing 4 yr old concrete pool deck

Jul 9, 2015
Collinsville, Il
Our concrete pool deck is 4 years old and has never been sealed. We need advice on choosing the best option for our saltwater pool in the St. Louis area. There are a few chips in the cantilever that are the size of a large marble. There are only very fine cracks that are mostly only visible when wet. Our priorities for the product are Low Maintenance and Cost. We do, of course, want it to look nice as well without frequent cleaning. We have had 3 proposals and have narrowed it down to either a Sundek company or a company that would use an Increte textured overlay and H&C Colortop solid color stain. If the costs were the same, we like the Sundek better. However, there is a significant difference in cost with Sundek for $4,300 vs Increte/H&C for $2,800. The border costs, etc are extra but the same between the 2 companies. Both companies have good reputations. I would like to hear from anyone with experience with either product including how long it has been on, how well it is holding up, and how often you have resealed it. Your help is greatly appreciated!!

Attachments

• IMG_0276.jpg
    IMG_0276.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 67
Welcome to the forum. :wave:

I do not have personal experience from which to contribute. That said, "Kool Deck" is a brand that has been around a long time.

Like all other types of those products, they are all only as good as the installer. I would try to get local references of completed jobs.

PS - Nice dogs!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.