Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Dolphin Nautilus Plus or Dolphin S200 (Doheny's Discovery) Opinions

1. Back To Top    #1

Dolphin Nautilus Plus or Dolphin S200 (Doheny's Discovery) Opinions

Time to add a robot to our new pool. Pool is surrounded by coconut trees that drop lots and lots of blooms and seeds.

Confused as to whether I should buy the Dolphin Nautilus Plus for $685 on Amazon or the Doheny's Discovery for $649.

Both cleaners look to have many of the same features including the top loaded cartridge filters. The design of the cartridge basket looks a little more user friendly on the Discovery. Nautilus plus has swivel for cord which seems like it could be a plus. Both have 2 year warranties.

The robot research is amazingly confusing.

Any insight anybody could provide would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.
    12k gal Concrete pool & spa, Blue Lagoon PebbleTec, Pentair Intelliflo VS 3 HP pump, Ultra Temp Heat Pump, IC20 SWG, Easy Touch System w/ IS4, Cartridge Filter, Intellibrite Pool and Spa Lights. Built July 2016

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Dolphin Nautilus Plus or Dolphin S200 (Doheny's Discovery) Opinions

A bunch of happy folks with the discovery here, First Robotic Cleaner, Doheny's Discovery
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

The Discovery is basically a "branded" Naulilus Plus. They're both made and serviced by Maytronics.
    I dont know the business acumen behind it, but ALL robot manufactuers make a "branded" robot for many of their dealers with their dealers names on them.

The differences between the manufacturer branded robot and the dealer branded robot have the same features as you are finding out, but they will both operate equally as well.

I have a nautilus (oringinal one) and it's a great cleaner. So, I have that no matter if you pick the Nautilus or the Discovery, you will be happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fins View Post
    Time to add a robot to our new pool. Pool is surrounded by coconut trees that drop lots and lots of blooms and seeds.

Confused as to whether I should buy the Dolphin Nautilus Plus for $685 on Amazon or the Doheny's Discovery for $649.

Both cleaners look to have many of the same features including the top loaded cartridge filters. The design of the cartridge basket looks a little more user friendly on the Discovery. Nautilus plus has swivel for cord which seems like it could be a plus. Both have 2 year warranties.

The robot research is amazingly confusing.

Any insight anybody could provide would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

4. Back To Top    #4

Actually, I think the Discovery is the S200, not the nautilus plus.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach