Well I made it through my first season and did pretty well, no major issues but it was tough learning some stuff about my system because it's not a "normal" setup. Thanks to everyone who helped me out!
Anyway, it seems like everyone uses the rubber expansion plugs to seal their returns etc. Anyone use the screw in type with the oring? Reason I ask is because I have two suction lines towards the bottom of my pool that are a pain to get out when I open the pool. I have to put my head in the water to reach them, I feel like the screw in type would be easier to get out with a long screw driver.
This is my plan.
1. Remove the ladders and railings
2. Shock the pool and then add Poly 60 when the chlorine level drops to about half the level of shock. I'll let the pool circulate for a few hours after this.
3. I'm not sure how to blow out all my lines from one pipe so I'm going to disconnect each individual line and blow them out one at a time. I'm not lowering the water level because I have a wall pack with cartridge filters below water level. Plus I have suction lines at the bottom of the pool wall I would have to empty the pool to get to those.
4. After everything is blown out and plugged, reassemble all the pipes.
5. Drain the pump and blow it out. Haven't decided if I'm going to bring it indoors or not, I think I'll just leave it outside.
6. Put the safety cover on. There were two 12 inch long 4x4's in the pool by the steps when I opened the pool. I have no idea why these were in the pool. Any ideas????
Thanks in advance for any help