Air pocket behind new liner

Kmama2

Sep 17, 2016
Lancaster NY
Hello,
we just had a new liner installed and the liner has an air pocket in one area. As we filled up the pool, the liner was forced to push against the wall and remove this air gap. However, in one area, this gap has not gone done and it looks like a pocket of air is trapped behind it. Is this normal?

What kind of liner do you have? J-hook, overlap, etc. You could/should have some people help you work the pocket out. It is not normal to have under the liner. What does the person who installed the liner say?

:kim:

We have an overlap liner. The installer said it will go away when the pool is filled but it has not completely gone away and the pool is about a foot from being full. The installers really don't want to help with anything and just keep telling us it's normal. It doesn't seem normal to me.

I would get in it and work it up and out. BUT I would have two helpers to help hold the liner on either side of the bubble.

We did not have ANY bubbles when ours was installed. They did use a shop vac to help seat the liner. Did your installer use a shop vac to pull the air out?

Hi,
The liner should not have a bubble in it. When the pool filled, I would agree that the pressure of the water should have squeezed the bubble out, but thats not always what happens.

I think Kims idea of working out the bubble may be the best way forward.

Thanks for your help. We actually discovered that the liner was not pulled over the rail enough and was sagging. So we pulled it tighter and now it's fine. These installers have honestly done a pretty bad job with the liner in general with wrinkles, etc so I'm not surprised.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.