Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Diamond Brite is super rough!??

1. Back To Top    #1

Boynton Beach/Florida

New Diamond Brite is super rough!??

I just had my pool resurfaced, and something isn't right. The diamond brite is so rough it can easily cut you if you rub up against it to hard. The guy who did it is being evasive, says he "doesnt know what could have happened, never happened before". There was talk of getting it "hydro-torqued" an underwater polishing. I think Im going to get ripped off, he was paid, and is just blowing me off. Anyone ever hear of this happening as far as it being super rough?
    20,000 gallon, IG, Diamond Brite (Newly coated 6/26/16)
    Cartridge filer, generic 1.5hp single speed pump. Hayward saltwater generator.
    Filled from city water.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tallahassee, FL

Re: New Diamond Brite is super rough!??

I would call the manufacturer of the plaster and see what they say. What did the sample feel like? That does not sound right but that is where you should start.
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: New Diamond Brite is super rough!??

Yes, definitely register your warranty here,, and contact SGM to file a warranty claim.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach