Can I ran skimmer line for a while with other jet closed ?

Nov 17, 2015
Oxford CT
I want to try and determine where I'm loosing the water. Is it OK to run skimmer only or other jet only for a while? I have 1.5 hp one speed motor and one jet and one skimmer on suction side?

Also , Can I loose water on suction side while pipe is running? slamming my pool now and seeng bubbles in returning jets and pump.

I am not sure what you are saying. Lets see if I am close:

You have one skimmer for your pool?

Jet? as in return where the water goes back into the pool from the filter? You only have one?

Have you backwashed your filter?

Have you cleaned the basket on the pump?

Do you see any water around your equipment?

Sorry for questions instead of answers :rolleyes: LOL I want to make sure I understand what you are dealing with.

:kim:

I have one skimmer , one intake, two returns. No bottom drain. Water was not falling when below those things. Now I've raised the water, slamming pool and loosing 1 inch/24 hours. Don't see any water or signs of leak. going cccrazzy here

What are you calling "intake"? The skimmer is a kind of "intake" in that it takes the water in from the pool to the pump and filter. The skimmer should be a rectangle hole that leads to your pump. It should have a basket inside it to stop the big stuff from getting the pump basket.

So you are saying you had the water below all of the "holes" in the pool-intake (?), skimmer, 2 returns (eyeballs the water comes out of from the filter). When you filled the pool back up to do the SLAM you started losing water. That does speak of a leak. Once I know for sure what it what on your pool we can start working on finding the link.

If you take and share a pic of your pool it might be helpful to figure out what you are dealing with.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.