So, I have been really busy all week and haven't had the time I usually have to monitor my pool chemistry. So, yesterday I went out and checked the chlorine - it was 0 and I noticed quite a bit of algae growth in the pool. I have a salt cell, and the system has been running each night. My initial thought was that for some reason my salt cell was not working. I disconnected it from the plumbing and checked it out. It didn't really have any build up, but I decided to mix up a muriatic acid mix to clean the salt cell. As I thought, there wasn't much build up. It bubbled just slightly and then stopped. I put it all back together and got the pump running again. I decided to get some shock and get the chlorine level back up. I opened up the top of the skimmer to find a big Sonoran Desert Toad swimming around in there. Anyway, my question is - was that toad enough to throw my chlorine level all the way to 0? So far I haven't looked under the solar cover to see if there are other toads in the pool.
Thanks in advance