Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Use of aquadoor

1. Back To Top    #1

Use of aquadoor

Hey guys. 1st time I will be closing a pool. We have a doughboy and we have the aquadoor cover which is supposed to stop water from getting into the skimmer lines. The issue I see is that the return line is lower than the skimmer. I assume when I close I will still need to empty the pool to below the return jet line. I do not have any type of plug for the return line and not sure I would trust it anyway. What does everyone else do?

Other questions.

I have hard lined my plumbing. When I blow out the lines where is the best point to do it from?

Sand filter. Just remove drain plug and that's it?

thanks

12' x 24' (21100 gal) Doughboy Desert Spring w/ Deep End, Hayward SP15922S Power-Flo Matrix Above-Ground Pump 2-Speed,
    Hayward S210T Pro Series, Hayward H100ID1 H-Series , Hayward AQ-TROL-RJ AquaTrol Salt, TF-100

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Use of aquadoor

I use an aquadoor. For the return, I remove the eyeball and screw in a 1.5" plug into it. No problems all winter. I usually have to pump about 3-4" of water out of the pool in the spring. I do disconnect the pump for the winter and put it inside the barn so it is out of the weather.
    Unknown make 18' above ground (bought used in 1999) Sparco sand filter. Hayward 100,000 BTu heater. 2 speed pump

3. Back To Top    #3

So do you drop the water level below the return as well? Also why do you end up having to pump out water

Thanks

12' x 24' (21100 gal) Doughboy Desert Spring w/ Deep End, Hayward SP15922S Power-Flo Matrix Above-Ground Pump 2-Speed,
    Hayward S210T Pro Series, Hayward H100ID1 H-Series , Hayward AQ-TROL-RJ AquaTrol Salt, TF-100

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

Nope I leave the water level up. My cover leaks slightly and when I tension it in the spring to get the winter debris off of it water leaks thru into the pool.
    Unknown make 18' above ground (bought used in 1999) Sparco sand filter. Hayward 100,000 BTu heater. 2 speed pump

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks for the info