Closing pool with potential algae - What happens?

May 1, 2013
Today is the day to close the pool. It appears as if algae is just setting in. When I open it in the spring, I am usually dealing with some very dirty water. It takes a week and I have it to where I can see the bottom. My question, what happens if I close the pool now? Does algae grow like a tree and I will be dealing with even more matter to take out in the spring? Or will algae just be present...freeze off in the winter...slam it in the spring...and water is back to normal? Wanting to know what problems I will be creating for myself. Thank you.

I have to ask why you are closing the pool now? I did a search for your weather and it says you are hitting in the 80s for some time to come. That is algae growing weather :(

Is there any way you can wait? Do a SLAM, get it clear, close when your temps are down to 60 or so. We have a link and area just for closing pools. We can help you do it and save some money if you are paying someone to do it.

:kim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.