The paint in our pool is worn off in lots of places exposing the concrete, so it's obviously time for something to be done about it. We just bought this house back in July and I'm not even sure the last time it was painted. Based on my research I'd like to plaster the pool but the cost is pretty prohibitive to do it on such short notice before winter gets here.
With as much concrete exposed as there is, I've thought about just giving it another paint job in the meantime to save up for a proper plaster job once that set of paint wears off. But if it's possible for the pool to survive another year to save up for a plaster job at the end of next season, then I think I'd rather do that.
The steps are by far the worst of the wear: http://imgur.com/HB6Yt19 http://imgur.com/M4EzF5v
The rest of the wear is mostly around the corner of the ledge that runs all the way around the pool: http://imgur.com/0KbRX1u
The bottom surface of the pool is pretty much intact.
Any opinions on painting now and plastering the next go vs waiting a year and plastering? I'm not sure how dire a refinish is given the state of the paint wear but I'm guessing something needs done sooner or later.