Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Egg-timer and Heater - Easytouch

1. Back To Top    #1

Egg-timer and Heater - Easytouch

Hello Everyone - Can the easy touch run an egg timer on a heater? I would like to be able to start the pump and heater remotely at a setup of say 85 and for it to maintain 85 for an egg-timer of about 4 hours.

Thank you,

Anthony
    Dallas area, free form, quartz finish, flagstone, pentair cartridge, vs pump, swg

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Egg-timer and Heater - Easytouch

To heat the entire pool or just a spa?
    8500 gallon IG Pebble Sheen with Spa. 3hp Pentair VS Intelliflo ( pool ), 3/4 hp WhisperFlo ( water feature ),Pentair Racer, 400K Pentair heater, Pentair 500sqft Cartridge filter, EasyTouch 8, Stenner 45mp2 15gallon wired to ET8

3. Back To Top    #3

Hello rphpool - This is for pool. I don't have a spa.

Thank you,

Anthony
    Dallas area, free form, quartz finish, flagstone, pentair cartridge, vs pump, swg

4. Back To Top    #4

This may help then:

Pentair ET 8 manual http://www.pentairpool.com/pdfs/EasyTouchICPUG.pdf see page 19 to set heat on "pool" and page 21 to set egg timer on "pool".

Hope this helps.
    8500 gallon IG Pebble Sheen with Spa. 3hp Pentair VS Intelliflo ( pool ), 3/4 hp WhisperFlo ( water feature ),Pentair Racer, 400K Pentair heater, Pentair 500sqft Cartridge filter, EasyTouch 8, Stenner 45mp2 15gallon wired to ET8

5. Back To Top    #5

Thank you for the information. I think I understand what I read. It seems there really is not independent control of a timed heat only sometimes. Either the pool / spa is running a pump with heat every time the pump starts or it is not running heat every time the pump starts. You cannot say setup two egg-timers. The first one to run 4 hours with the pump and the heat and the second one with only the pump. I think you can manually turn on the heat when an egg-timer is set and of course when the flow stops it will stop and I think next time the pump comes on it will also.

Maybe i am wrong but my think head cant see it.