fc 27
cc 0
ph 7.2
alk 120
cya 70 - 80
salt 1200
borates no test but gonna get one when water is clear and add em in
as well as a salt jump to 2000

Pool is cloudy and greenish, tc was 28 last night dropped to 25 this morning added and got it back, now gonna check once more before I go to work 2nd shifter 3-11 but gonna have pop add 96 oz's every 2 hours he wouldn't have a clue how to check. This is where I need advice at do you think that is too much? Heck just give advice on whole shebang if you will.

How did your CYA get to 80? Were you using trichlor and stopped? Or are you still using? Do you have a SWG?

If bleach is your source...then hold your FC at 28 until no overnight loss of FC, water is clear and no CC.

You have not posted FC/CC. TC is not very helpful.

If you can post a full set of numbers, that would be best.

How are you testing to get a TC of 27? The FAS-DPD test will directly read FC and CC and FC + CC = TC. There is no testing method I know of that will directly test high levels of TC accurately.
We really need to know the FC and CC readings. TC doesn't really tell us much, other than there is a lot of chlorine in your pool. Also with the TC that high your pH reading is suspect and is very possibly lower than 7.2! (High chlorine readings above aobut 10-15 ppm interfere with the pH test and cause it to read high falsely.)

Why do you say the Alk of 120 is 'kinda weird?

First thing is to straignten out your test results so we can figure out what is going on in your pool besides the algae! :goodjob:

CYA was 100 and then I let some water out. I am trying to clear the darn thing and then possibly drain some more, to get the cya reading lower. And hopeful that when its clearer the test will show that I have a low cya reading than the 70/80. Yes I messed up and used trichlor.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.