Pool Build With Hydrostatic Pressure

Feb 16, 2015
Luling la
Hi all digging our pool and the hydrostatic pressure is huge. It stays full of water and constantly pumping it out to keep it dry. When they came to shoot the pool they couldn't keep it dry enough to get the gunite to set up in the deep end. Does anyone have ideas of what we can do? Thanks.

Are you saying that the pool builder does not have a solution?

I believe I have seen builds where well points (holes) are dug poolside that are deeper than the pool & that is where they pump the water out.

I have a lot of groundwater as well... my dig would fill right up to the shallow end if you left it alone.

You will find this advice on the forum if you dig around, but I installed a sump beside the pool, it's a 16" diameter pipe (green one in the pic below) that goes about 12" below the hopper floor, it has a perforated 4" pipe that is buried under the hopper in crushed rock that feeds into the bottom of the sump. In the bottom of the sump, I have a pump that keeps all the water pumped out. The pump is on a float switch, and my pool floor has been dry all summer while I've been building the pool... it works fantastic, but it is an extra bit of work.

I also installed deck drains around the pool that empty into the sump... that's the 3" black ABS pipe going into the sump in this pic...

This is a pic looking into the sump, with the pump at the bottom. I used a standard pitless adapter for a well to discharge through the side of the sump into a 1'1/4" black poly pipe which discharges into a drainage ditch behind my house.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.