Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Take down advice

1. Back To Top    #1

Indianapolis, IMN

Take down advice

I am taking down the pool for the winter because it needs to be relocated to its new location in the yard next spring. What advice if any about storing the liner. Should I apply/spray anything on it for storage to prevent drying/cracking? I plan on storing it in a large covered container. It will not be airtight but will be sealed/covered and protected.
    15' AG Vinyl, Intex SWG, Intex Sand filter pump, Taylor testing kit(TFP recommended one)

2. Back To Top    #2
    Grand Island Nebraska

Re: Take down advice

When I used to take down my Intex pool, once the liner was dry I would sprinkle it with talc to prevent the vinyl from sticking to itself whilst in the storage container.
    Intex 22' X 52" Ultra Frame AGP ( 12K gallons) , Intex 633T 2500 GPH (41 GPM) running Doughboy Silica II sand filter (16"dia. 1.4 ' S.A.) ( And doing it quite well, I might add!) Hayward through the wall skimmer, TF100 with Speed Stir. Hard plumbed, Intex fountain ...........

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Take down advice

Is that a traditional above ground pool?

While Intex pools are fine if they dry out (recommended for winter storage)
    From what I understand, a normal above ground pool liner doesn't like drying out as the liner will shrink and will not have enough flex when re-installing it.

Most threads about (non-Intex) above ground pool moving reccomend buying a new liner for the new pool location.

When I moved my above ground pool, I successfully re-used the liner, but I put the liner in a Rubbermaid when taking it down, filled the Rubbermaid with water that night, then installed the pool the next night, and started filling the pool with warm water.