Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Which pebble finish?

1. Back To Top    #1

Meridian, MS

Which pebble finish?

We will be completely re-doing our pool this winter and installing a pebble finish. I have read historically on this forum that pebbletec is preferred by many. Does it really matter? If so, which pebble finishes should I consider? Are there any I should stay away from? Thanks for your opinions in advance.
    34,000 gallon IGP (built 1977), Plaster over gunite, 1.5hp Hayward pump, Pac-Fab Triton TR100 sand filter, Dolphin Supreme M400 robot

2. Back To Top    #2
    Central Md.

Re: Which pebble finish?

This should be a fun thread to watch.
    Live in Central Md.
    37 X 21 24K IG Custom Gunite with Anvil Quartz finish. Raised Spa.
    Sta-Rite Natural Gas Heater. Intellichlor IC-40 SWG, Sta-Rite 450 sq ft. Cartridge Filter.
    Pentair 1.5 Hp Variable Speed Pump. TF100. Dolphin Z-5. First swim 5/26/16

3. Back To Top    #3

I've seen several pebble manufacturers that people are happy with! I have Wet Edge, Stonescapes is one I've heard about and seen great pictures of also, Diamondbrite, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Started 5/31/16. 38'x23', 618 sqft., <14,000 gallons, 8' spa.Travertine coping. Raised beam w/3 sheers. Large sunshelf w/3 bubblers. SWG IC40, Pentair VSP, 520 cartridge, color LED lights, Easy-touch, screen logic, Maytronics S300i robot, and Wet Edge Prism Matrix finish (Deep Sea Blue with Indigo plaster). Build Thread: Another in Texas - Cypress Texas | MUD District | HOA Approval | Great Escapes Pools

4. Back To Top    #4

Houston tx

I'm no expert, but I believe that they are all basically the same. PT does have a longer warranty than the others, but what's MOST important is the quality of the application. Check out the reputation of the plaster company and see other pools they have done. Blue plaster tends to mottle more than others, so look at that aspect too. Good luck and have fun!
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop