Winterizing Sand Filter...

Hayward Manual for the S244T 24" 300# sand filter, states only this in their instructions for winterizing. Same procedure for all Sand Filters with Multi-Port.

WINTERIZING

1. Completely drain tank by unscrewing drain cap at base of filter tank. Leave cap off during winter.

2. Depress Vari-Flo control valve handle and rotate so as to set pointer on valve top between any two positions. This will allow water to drain from the valve. Leave valve in this "inactive" position.

Below is also a thread. Please do not forget to remove the pressure gauge and sight glass.

winterizing with a sand filter

Hayward Manual for the S244T 24" 300# sand filter, states only this in their instructions for winterizing. Same procedure for all Sand Filters with Multi-Port.

WINTERIZING

1. Completely drain tank by unscrewing drain cap at base of filter tank. Leave cap off during winter.

2. Depress Vari-Flo control valve handle and rotate so as to set pointer on valve top between any two positions. This will allow water to drain from the valve. Leave valve in this "inactive" position.

Below is also a thread. Please do not forget to remove the pressure gauge and sight glass.

winterizing with a sand filter

Many thanks, and thanks for pointing me to the thread!

If you possibly can, wait until your pool temperature gets to be 60 degrees for a while before closing. It will really help with spring opening, especially if you open when the water temp hits 60 again. I do this in the western suburbs and I open clear and balanced...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.