Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Odd noise from return fittings

1. Back To Top    #1

Odd noise from return fittings

Now that I have my spillway on a schedule, the pool is much quieter for 95% of the day. As such, I can hear things that I previously could not. One such thing is a gurgle or clicking/popping out of my return fittings to the pool.
    I dont really see any major cavitation, but there is just a bit.

Is this normal, or should I be concerned?
    16,000 gallons in-ground, raised spa with spill-way, PebbleTec finish. Cartridge Filter M/N CV460, Main Pump; Jandy VSSHP270AUT variable speed ePump, Polaris PB4-60 cleaner pump, Jandy PLC1400 SWG

I still prefer our boat over the pool

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Odd noise from return fittings

It is probably your SWG, assuming you have one. You can add your pool info to your sig as shown here, Pool School - Read This BEFORE You Post

To post pics from Photobucket copy the IMG code to the right of the pic and paste it in your post. That will embed the image in your thread.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

Sorry, posted from my phone. I thought my sig would still show up.
    Yes, I have a swg.
    16,000 gallons in-ground, raised spa with spill-way, PebbleTec finish. Cartridge Filter M/N CV460, Main Pump; Jandy VSSHP270AUT variable speed ePump, Polaris PB4-60 cleaner pump, Jandy PLC1400 SWG

I still prefer our boat over the pool

4. Back To Top    #4

I checked the sig box, let's see if it stays checked.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach