Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: AquaRite inspect cell light flashing

1. Back To Top    #1

AquaRite inspect cell light flashing

This morning I went to my control panel to turn the percent of output down on my AquaRite T15, I noticed although it was powered on and it said generating, that down below the inspect cell light was flashing. I did not have time to do anything as I had to get to work. Curious what could be the issue since this is only 6 to 8 weeks old. Everything seems to be working fine, the salt digital readout was 3200. Anyway, when I get home I can remove it and check, just curious if this is normal or something to be concerned about. I haven't actually looked at the control panel for a few days so I have no idea how long it's been flashing. Chlorine is holding strong and it said generating. Thank you

Central Oklahoma
    ~14K gallon - AquaRite AQR15 SWG - pool Newly plastered on April 9 2016
    TF100 kit - STA-RITE SYSTEM3 Modular Media Filtration - Model S8M150
    Pool water supply from on site water well = CH of ~350 and TA of ~350
    Doheny's Discovery Automatic Robotic Cleaner/Pentair Model 011018 VS Pump

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: AquaRite inspect cell light flashing

It may just be the reminder that is programmed to come on after a specific number of hours use. To reset just push and hold the button for a few seconds. The light should go out and the timer will be reset.
    chiefwej
    Tucson, AZ
    19k gallon Pebble Tec play pool/spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS (3 hp) 011018, Super II 2hp (for spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE filter, Hayward H400 & Heliocol Solar heating, A&A infloor system, fill water w/high CH and TA, 50 ppm borates,TF-100 test kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks chiefwej, so if I do that and it is successful, there's no need remove to cell?

Central Oklahoma

4. Back To Top    #4

Not unless you are curious to see if there is any scale in there. Which there better not be!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

If you are allowing the ph to get too high, then it's possible that the cell needs cleaning. But with correct water chemistry it shouldn't need cleaning that often. I'm very consistent in maintaining my water's chemical balance, so I only pull and inspect my cell every second or third time the "check cell" light comes on. My cell almost never needs cleaning. Before I started being as careful with my chemistry (pre TFP) it needed cleaning almost every time the light was lit.

Update: I just read your sig info. With a fresh replastered pool and TA of 350 in your fill water, it's certainly possible that you are building scale in the cell. Not a bad idea to pull it and check.
    chiefwej
    Tucson, AZ
    19k gallon Pebble Tec play pool/spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS (3 hp) 011018, Super II 2hp (for spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE filter, Hayward H400 & Heliocol Solar heating, A&A infloor system, fill water w/high CH and TA, 50 ppm borates,TF-100 test kit

6. Back To Top    #6

AquaRite inspect cell light flashing

Well after my prior experience with my original cell scaling, my CSI has been kept negative and I check water daily. Since new cell, no new scale. Since it's not difficult, maybe I will remove it, just to check things out. I think I may go ahead and open my filter up and clean out as well just to take a look at it. It's unusually cool here today, only 73 currently so I should take advantage of the day. Thanks for the help on how to reset, and I'm sure hoping I see no scale!

If it does require cleaning, what mixture should I use with my MA?

Central Oklahoma

7. Back To Top    #7

It won't, I'd bet a $1.27. But I would start with 3 water to 1 acid if it does. Add acid to water, not water to acid.
    TFP Moderator
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

8. Back To Top    #8

That is a timed reminder, not an indication of any fault.

Reset it and don't worry.
    16 x 32 17500 gallons
    Vinyl in-ground
    Hayward 250# Sand Filter
    1 HP Pump
    Hayward SWG

9. Back To Top    #9

Well I just finished with my filter, got all sweaty and rained on and sweaty again, so I never did get to the cell. I reset it in the light went off everything looks fine, I still may open it up just a curiosity but I'm not going to do it now. I can always use a $1.27! Although my pressure on my filter was not at all high, because I had re plastered and had some scale issues I thought I would clean the filters. I'll attach a picture where you can see the difference. The picture of my big filter, there is a smaller one that goes inside this one, they looked the same. I managed to get them a little bit cleaner than the clean part showing here, spent quite a bit of time on them.

Central Oklahoma

10. Back To Top    #10

Yeah, cleaning filters is a bit of work. I got one of these and it helps quite a bit, Filter Flosser | Filter Flosser Cartridge Cleaning Tool. And soaking them in TSP helps too, Re: How to clean a cartridge filter. Although you probably won't need to soak them when they're this new. I'm feeling pretty good about hanging on to my $1.27!
    TFP Moderator

11. Back To Top    #11

TFP Guide

When cleaning the salt cell, avoid using MA unless it's absolutely necessary. It eats away the coating on the plates and shortens the life of the cell. I have a package of bamboo skewers that I picked up at the grocery store. They are about 10 inches long and are perfect for picking things out of the cell without scratching the coating on the plates.
    chiefwej
    Tucson, AZ

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by chiefwej View Post
    When cleaning the salt cell, avoid using MA unless it's absolutely necessary. It eats away the coating on the plates and shortens the life of the cell. I have a package of bamboo skewers that I picked up at the grocery store. They are about 10 inches long and are perfect for picking things out of the cell without scratching the coating on the plates.
    Wow everything I have read says to use MA!

Hayward Aqua Rite Salt pool
    Dolphin cleaner/PoolCleaner
    Pentair Triton II filter
    Heater
    approx. 24000 gallons

13. Back To Top    #13

Yes, use MA if needed. Operative word is needed. If it can be avoided it should be. MA will shorten the cell life, especially if used when there isn't scale build up. I have not cleaned my cell in 5 pool seasons. Keeping CSI slightly negative, -0.3 to 0, will help prevent scale build up. PoolMath will give you your CSI, tweak PH and/or TA to move the number.
    TFP Moderator