Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: AutoPilot - Low Volt and Amp Reading

1. Back To Top    #1

AutoPilot - Low Volt and Amp Reading

I checked my AutoPilot today and found that the volt/amps reading was 13v 3.1a. Salt level is 3400, temp 85, amperage 696/hr. I had thought that volts should be higher 15+ and that amps should be 5+. Is the current level considered acceptable or should I have PB look at the unit?
    Free Form 13K IG (Quartz) w/Screen Enclosure - 2 Sheer Descents, 1 Bubbler - Hayward 60 SF DE Sta-Rite - Hayward SP3400VSP EcoStar - Hayward Aqua Rite AQR9 (T-Cell-9) SWG - Zodiac MX6 - July 2016 - Taylor K-2006 - Taylor K-1766 Salt Test

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: AutoPilot - Low Volt and Amp Reading

bobandsherry, it should be as you said. However, if it's wired to 110 volts, while the control box is looking for 220 volts, the amperage would be lower than normal. Please have your installer verify the voltage vs the Nano's configuration. If that's correct, contact me for further instructions. sean@teamhorner.com
    Sean Assam - Sean@teamhorner.com
    National Accounts and Commercial Products Manager
    AquaCal Heat Pumps www.aquacal.com
    AutoPilot Salt Chlorine Generators www.autopilot.com

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: AutoPilot - Low Volt and Amp Reading

Thanks Poolsean, PB did a review of the Nano and made configuration change. Now reporting an expected volt and amps.
    Free Form 13K IG (Quartz) w/Screen Enclosure - 2 Sheer Descents, 1 Bubbler - Hayward 60 SF DE Sta-Rite - Hayward SP3400VSP EcoStar - Hayward Aqua Rite AQR9 (T-Cell-9) SWG - Zodiac MX6 - July 2016 - Taylor K-2006 - Taylor K-1766 Salt Test