Sunstone Pearl Black Pearl

maa3

May 10, 2009
Durham NC
I am signing a contract today and the PB wants an answer about the pool finish. I was hoping that someone here might have a picture of a pool with the Sunstone Pearl Black Pearl finish. Our PB does not normally do pebble finishes and does not have any pictures. I tried CLI and they said they don't have any either.
It's a pretty big upgrade for us in terms of cost and it's hard doing it sight unseen. I am hoping for a dark grayish blue water effect but I am starting to get nervous about the water turning out too blackish/greenish. I have the sample and it's a light gray base packed with mostly black/gray and some brown/yellow/white tiny pebbles. The other colors I was considering were Crystalstones Midnight Blue (bluish gray base lighter pebbles) and the Crystalstones Smooth Bay Harbour (looks same as black pearl but on blue base)

I have seen pictures of Crystalstones Onyx Pearl pools and given that that sample is much darker than the Black Pearl I am hoping it will turn out ok.

Anyone have pictures of or consider this color?
Thanks so much!

Hi Sweetsmiles and thank you for keeping your eyes open for me!

Unfortunately it looks like we have to cut out the pebble finish and instead go with the the regular Sunstone Quartz.
There was a $1500 difference from the Quartz and we decided on puting the money towards the Easytouch automation.

I am still looking at the darker colors i.e. Black Onyx and I am waiting for the manufacturer to send me some more - apparently there is an Onyx that might be slightly lighter.

We went and saw a pool our PB did with the Black Onyx. In person it was pretty dark (not sure if the sun was not directly above while we were there) and the pool was only 5 feet deep.
But in the pictures I have of the same pool it looks exactly like what I was hoping for (not sure if they photoshoped them)
[attachment=2:101xc4ta]Sunstone Black Onyx Newstead Manor Lot 1.jpg[/attachment:101xc4ta]

Here are two more pools with Sunstone Black Onyx - both pretty shallow also.

[attachment=1:101xc4ta]Sunstone Black Onyx lot 8 Newstead manor.jpg[/attachment:101xc4ta]
[attachment=0:101xc4ta]Sunstone Black Onyx Colvard Farmrs.jpg[/attachment:101xc4ta]

Again it looks great in the pictures.

The PB has never used the black onyx in a 8ft deep pool and agrees it will look darker. Also our yard is much more wooded with mature trees around.
So I am hoping maybe this Onyx color might be a good compromise.

I also heard that our Intellibrite color lights might not look so good with a super dark plaster.
Any thoughts?

Attachments

• Sunstone Black Onyx Newstead Manor Lot 1.jpg
    Sunstone Black Onyx Newstead Manor Lot 1.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 474
  • Sunstone Black Onyx lot 8 Newstead manor.jpg
    Sunstone Black Onyx lot 8 Newstead manor.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 470
  • Sunstone Black Onyx Colvard Farmrs.jpg
    Sunstone Black Onyx Colvard Farmrs.jpg
    460.1 KB · Views: 474
Here is pics of my Jet Black pebble tec. I am sure it is close to your finish.

Attachments

• spa small2.jpg
    spa small2.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 394
  • jet black pebble tec ready for acid wash.jpg
    jet black pebble tec ready for acid wash.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 391
  • pool and spa and water feature.jpg
    pool and spa and water feature.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 391
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.