Let me see your pebble/water - Need help deciding

Apr 3, 2016
Orlando, FL
We are using a local pebble manufacturer and I'm having a hard time figuring out water color. The image below is the finish chosen as of now - Harbor Gray mini pebble. I chose this because I thought it was the closest to Pebble Tec's French Gray. Now I'm not so sure I've made the right choice. I'm looking for turquoise water (not too light and not too dark) to match my glass tile. Please please share your turquoise water images and what the pebble sample looked like. Hopefully I can then make a final decision! :)

20160912_140223.jpg
20160914_223255.jpg

Twinkiesmommy & Texasgal - Love, love, love your water color. Is it really dark in the shade? Can you still see the bottom clearly? We tend to get critters so want to be sure I can see them at the bottom.
JeffnSheila - That's beautiful also! I'll have to look into both of these.

Twinkiesmommy & Texasgal - Love, love, love your water color. Is it really dark in the shade? Can you still see the bottom clearly? We tend to get critters so want to be sure I can see them at the bottom.
JeffnSheila - That's beautiful also! I'll have to look into both of these.

You can absolutely see all the way to the bottom at all times easily. This was on a cloudy, rainy day so you can see the color difference.

Here is one underwater (and my pool is actually much clearer now than it was then. We still had a lot of plaster dust when I took that picture.) The only time you might have difficulty would be at night, with lights turned off, and if the critter in the pool is a dark color. Even with the lights off, my kids practically glow in the dark. I think at night with the lights off, most pools would have some trouble being able to see what is in them if it is a color close to the plaster. Keep your water balanced and critters shouldn't be a factor in choosing your plaster color. [emoji5]

I rescued a frog because I saw it swimming near my table. Critters tend to move which draws your eyes to them so that is good.

My hubby empties the skimmers for a reason though! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I don't think that color of pebble is going to give you the turquoise look you are after. Can the builder show you a pool that is done with that pebble? This was such a HARD choice for us too. We went with a color that was brand new so there were no pools that they could show us with that color. We got the blue surf pebble and I love how it turned out.

We have Gemstone/Finest Finishes' Radiant Fusion in Topaz. It's a micro pebble finish with glass beads and abalone shells. We added extra abalone. We love it!

Whatever finish you choose, I HIGHLY recommend as much abalone as you can afford. It sparkles like diamonds! In the pictures it is what you are seeing with the white spots.

This is after acid wash

This is a couple weeks after filling and the water cleared.

We are using a local pebble manufacturer and I'm having a hard time figuring out water color. The image below is the finish chosen as of now - Harbor Gray mini pebble. I chose this because I thought it was the closest to Pebble Tec's French Gray. Now I'm not so sure I've made the right choice. I'm looking for turquoise water (not too light and not too dark) to match my glass tile. Please please share your turquoise water images and what the pebble sample looked like. Hopefully I can then make a final decision! :)

20160912_140223.jpg
20160914_223255.jpg
I wanted to post your photo again with your sample tiles. I love the mixed shades in the sample. I'm amazed at how many different shades of colors show from my plaster throughout the day depending on the sun's location and shade. The multi shades in your tile will tie it all together.

Different cameras, lighting, and devices make it so difficult to say from photos about water color matches with tile. My best guess is that your glass tile would look great with nursenini' s color or something similar. I'm sitting out here by my pool, and I think Pebble Tec's Blue Granite would also be a good choice.

I agree with Denise and others - go extra with the abalone shells if at all possible. I'd love to have more than I do (one 'bag' from Pebble Tec - however much that was).

Plaster color was definitely my most difficult decision, but I've never seen a pool's color I didn't love! Good luck!

Thank you so much everyone. This is so helpful! I have a lot of research ahead of me.
Nursenini, that water color is stunning! Did you see it in person before deciding?
Seems all the colors I love have glass beads. We don't have the option of glass beads unfortunately. ��. Do the glass beads greatly affect water color or is it possible to achieve a similar water color without them?
We will be getting abalone!! :)
I'll have to make a trip to PB to take some pics of samples that will hopefully resemble some of these awesome water colors.

No, I just did some research online. Not a lot of pictures of the Topaz available, but I liked what I saw. I also called Gemstone and requested samples so I could have my own to feel, drop in water, and carry with me to look at stone, etc. They sent them for free :) I then built the rest of my color choices around my plaster color.

Thank you so much everyone. This is so helpful! I have a lot of research ahead of me.
Nursenini, that water color is stunning! Did you see it in person before deciding?
Seems all the colors I love have glass beads. We don't have the option of glass beads unfortunately. ��. Do the glass beads greatly affect water color or is it possible to achieve a similar water color without them?
We will be getting abalone!! :)
I'll have to make a trip to PB to take some pics of samples that will hopefully resemble some of these awesome water colors.

You can achieve the water color without the glass. The glass mostly adds visual interest but I don't know that if effects the water color itself. Let us know what your manufacturer choices are and we can make some suggestions for what colors to check out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is line right now. It's kinda cloudy today. It is the plaster and stones from Wet Edge Eclipse, with the glass from Wet Edge Deep Sea Blue. I would say our water color in person is a deep bright blue with a hint of turquoise. As you can see, even with clouds blocking the sun the bottom is clearly visible.

1d4ab90ae44f53671fdaef475d1d45d5.jpg

78a26fed315875562b2d70c1089df688.jpg

7b6c98d47944f9f8b03fefb1afea39fa.jpg

Reactions: Autie

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.