Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let me see your pebble/water - Need help deciding

1. Back To Top    #1

Let me see your pebble/water - Need help deciding

We are using a local pebble manufacturer and I'm having a hard time figuring out water color. The image below is the finish chosen as of now - Harbor Gray mini pebble. I chose this because I thought it was the closest to Pebble Tec's French Gray. Now I'm not so sure I've made the right choice. I'm looking for turquoise water (not too light and not too dark) to match my glass tile. Please please share your turquoise water images and what the pebble sample looked like. Hopefully I can then make a final decision!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Let me see your pebble/water - Need help deciding

This is the color of ours. It's wet edge prism matrix deep blue sea (or something like that). This was the hardest part for us, figuring out which one to choose!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    My 2016 pool build Owner build 104' free form IG sport pool,20'x36' (18,300 gal)~7'x8' raised spa with spillover~Oklahoma flagstone coping~12" raised beam with dry stack wallC~Cascading waterfall grotto with flat moss rock~630 sqft salted concrete deck~Deep blue sea-prism matrix~2 Hp Jandy epump~1.5 Jandy stealth~CL580 cartridge filter~Jandy jxi heater~iaqua link 2.0 ~dolphin m500 robot~LED pool lights (2 pool, 1 spa)~TF-100 test kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Mine is also Prism Matrix Deep Sea Blue with a slightly modified plaster color (a little more blue and less grey). Here are a few pics:

HTH!! I love your tile choice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Started 5/31/16. 38'x23', 618 sqft., <14,000 gallons, 8' spa.Travertine coping. Raised beam w/3 sheers. Large sunshelf w/3 bubblers. SWG IC40, Pentair VSP, 520 cartridge, color LED lights, Easy-touch, screen logic, Maytronics S300i robot, and Wet Edge Prism Matrix finish (Deep Sea Blue with Indigo plaster). Build Thread: Another in Texas - Cypress Texas | MUD District | HOA Approval | Great Escapes Pools

4. Back To Top    #4

My 2016 pool build Owner build 104' free form IG sport pool,20'x36' (18,300 gal)~7'x8' raised spa with spillover~Oklahoma flagstone coping~12" raised beam with dry stack wallC~Cascading waterfall grotto with flat moss rock~630 sqft salted concrete deck~Deep blue sea-prism matrix~2 Hp Jandy epump~1.5 Jandy stealth~CL580 cartridge filter~Jandy jxi heater~iaqua link 2.0 ~dolphin m500 robot~LED pool lights (2 pool, 1 spa)~TF-100 test kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Ours is a wet edge Texas blue. We were shooting for the water color from a vacation to Antigua.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Friendswood TX, 23x39 free form , 20K gallons , 3 HP VS pentair , 1 HP whiisperflo, Pentair easy touch , 400k BTU pentaier heater, Deck Jets, Pentair 5g LED Lights. Tanning ledge with bubblers. Taylor 2006 test kit

6. Back To Top    #6

Twinkiesmommy & Texasgal - Love, love, love your water color. Is it really dark in the shade? Can you still see the bottom clearly? We tend to get critters so want to be sure I can see them at the bottom.
    JeffnSheila - That's beautiful also! I'll have to look into both of these.

7. Back To Top    #7

Ours is StoneScapes Aqua Blue with Blue Pearl glass.

Construction began 5/2016. IGF pool. 41' x 21'. Jandy DEV60, Jandy 2hp 2sp pump, Polaris 280 Black Max, Rainbow 320 chlorinator, Jandy JXI 400, Jandy iAqualink, Jandy LED's. 2'x2'x10' rock weeping wall. Dive rock. Tile/Plaster: NPT Silverstone AquaMarine Decking: Stained Stamped Concrete/Stonescapes Aqua Blue with glass beads and abalone. http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...-Fort-Worth-TX

8. Back To Top    #8

Ours is Pebble Sheen Mini-Tahoe Blue.

30,000 Gallon Pool IG (Pool 18' X 38' / Spa 7' X 7') - Pentair IC40 SWG - (1) Pentair Intelliflo 2 VST Pump - Pentair DE FNS-Plus 60 Filter - Pentair Mastertemp 400 Heater - Pentair Easytouch 8 - Pentair Electronic valves - Pentair 5G Color LED Pool/Spa Lights - Pebble Sheen Mini Tahoe Blue - Auto Fill/Over Flow - Taylor K-2006C - Completion 3/2016.

9. Back To Top    #9

This one is in the evening. Yes, you can still see the bottom

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by CCCentralFL View Post
    Twinkiesmommy & Texasgal - Love, love, love your water color. Is it really dark in the shade? Can you still see the bottom clearly? We tend to get critters so want to be sure I can see them at the bottom.
    JeffnSheila - That's beautiful also! I'll have to look into both of these.
    You can absolutely see all the way to the bottom at all times easily. This was on a cloudy, rainy day so you can see the color difference.

Here is one underwater (and my pool is actually much clearer now than it was then. We still had a lot of plaster dust when I took that picture.) The only time you might have difficulty would be at night, with lights turned off, and if the critter in the pool is a dark color. Even with the lights off, my kids practically glow in the dark. I think at night with the lights off, most pools would have some trouble being able to see what is in them if it is a color close to the plaster. Keep your water balanced and critters shouldn't be a factor in choosing your plaster color.

I rescued a frog because I saw it swimming near my table. Critters tend to move which draws your eyes to them so that is good.

My hubby empties the skimmers for a reason though!

Started 5/31/16. 38'x23', 618 sqft., <14,000 gallons, 8' spa.Travertine coping. Raised beam w/3 sheers. Large sunshelf w/3 bubblers. SWG IC40, Pentair VSP, 520 cartridge, color LED lights, Easy-touch, screen logic, Maytronics S300i robot, and Wet Edge Prism Matrix finish (Deep Sea Blue with Indigo plaster). Build Thread: Another in Texas - Cypress Texas | MUD District | HOA Approval | Great Escapes Pools

11. Back To Top    #11

I don't think that color of pebble is going to give you the turquoise look you are after. Can the builder show you a pool that is done with that pebble? This was such a HARD choice for us too. We went with a color that was brand new so there were no pools that they could show us with that color. We got the blue surf pebble and I love how it turned out.
    Taylor K-2006 test kit; Pool filled with city water, no restrictions, Phx, AZ

12. Back To Top    #12

IMG_6502.jpgIMG_6508.jpg I hope these pictures show up. The house we just moved into has a dark bottom pool.
    15,000, IG, Gunite, Spa, Waterfalls, Cartridge filter, 2 Pentair Pump, Pentair Intelli Chem Acid pump, Polaris pool cleaner with booster pump, Ultra Pure, Chlorine, Taylor Test

13. Back To Top    #13

I would look at Wet Edge's Eclipse or maybe even Indigo Blue to compare for a turquoise water. Blue Surf is gorgeous too. I don't think of it as turquoise though. More like really blue.

14. Back To Top    #14

We have Gemstone/Finest Finishes' Radiant Fusion in Topaz. It's a micro pebble finish with glass beads and abalone shells. We added extra abalone. We love it!

Whatever finish you choose, I HIGHLY recommend as much abalone as you can afford. It sparkles like diamonds! In the pictures it is what you are seeing with the white spots.

This is after acid wash

This is a couple weeks after filling and the water cleared.

​FINALLY FINISHED IG 13.6x30 gunite, Radiant Fusion Topaz, 3.6/5.6/4, 14100 gal, 2 skimmer, 4 Hayward LED lights (pool & spa), Hayward Echostar VSP, 2 future fire bowls, raised beam wall w/ scuppers,7x7 raised spa, DE Progrid70, SWG Hayward Goldline, OmniLogic, Hayward 400K BTU heater, stamped colored deck, Dolphin Discovery robotic cleaner, TF100 test kit, Newbie in Bixby Oklahoma

15. Back To Top    #15

We are using a local pebble manufacturer and I'm having a hard time figuring out water color. The image below is the finish chosen as of now - Harbor Gray mini pebble. I chose this because I thought it was the closest to Pebble Tec's French Gray. Now I'm not so sure I've made the right choice. I'm looking for turquoise water (not too light and not too dark) to match my glass tile. Please please share your turquoise water images and what the pebble sample looked like. Hopefully I can then make a final decision!

I wanted to post your photo again with your sample tiles. I love the mixed shades in the sample. I'm amazed at how many different shades of colors show from my plaster throughout the day depending on the sun's location and shade. The multi shades in your tile will tie it all together.

Different cameras, lighting, and devices make it so difficult to say from photos about water color matches with tile. My best guess is that your glass tile would look great with nursenini' s color or something similar. I'm sitting out here by my pool, and I think Pebble Tec's Blue Granite would also be a good choice.

I agree with Denise and others - go extra with the abalone shells if at all possible. I'd love to have more than I do (one 'bag' from Pebble Tec - however much that was).

Plaster color was definitely my most difficult decision, but I've never seen a pool's color I didn't love! Good luck!
    Suz~Cypress area~ 2015 pool build. 24K gallons. IG swcg system. 35'x18'; 573sf; 104' perim; depth 4'-7'. Bubblers, sheer descents, 7' spa. Jandy; color LEDs; 2HP 2sp pump; 1HP 2sp pump; spa pump; 580 cartridge; 400K BTU; Dolphin M500; PS8; Inline chlorinator not used; Aqua Pure 1400. Blue Granite Sheen. Travertine deck. TF-100, K-1766, SpeedStir

16. Back To Top    #16

Still LOVE yours Denise! I would have been thrilled as that is the color I see in my pool only in direct sunlight but love the most and would love to see all the time!!

Completely agree on the abalone!

17. Back To Top    #17

Thank you so much everyone. This is so helpful! I have a lot of research ahead of me.
    Nursenini, that water color is stunning! Did you see it in person before deciding?
    Seems all the colors I love have glass beads. We don't have the option of glass beads unfortunately. ��. Do the glass beads greatly affect water color or is it possible to achieve a similar water color without them?
    We will be getting abalone!!
    I'll have to make a trip to PB to take some pics of samples that will hopefully resemble some of these awesome water colors.

18. Back To Top    #18

No, I just did some research online. Not a lot of pictures of the Topaz available, but I liked what I saw. I also called Gemstone and requested samples so I could have my own to feel, drop in water, and carry with me to look at stone, etc. They sent them for free I then built the rest of my color choices around my plaster color.
    ​FINALLY FINISHED IG 13.6x30 gunite, Radiant Fusion Topaz, 3.6/5.6/4, 14100 gal, 2 skimmer, 4 Hayward LED lights (pool & spa), Hayward Echostar VSP, 2 future fire bowls, raised beam wall w/ scuppers,7x7 raised spa, DE Progrid70, SWG Hayward Goldline, OmniLogic, Hayward 400K BTU heater, stamped colored deck, Dolphin Discovery robotic cleaner, TF100 test kit, Newbie in Bixby Oklahoma

19. Back To Top    #19

Thank you so much everyone. This is so helpful! I have a lot of research ahead of me.
    Nursenini, that water color is stunning! Did you see it in person before deciding?
    Seems all the colors I love have glass beads. We don't have the option of glass beads unfortunately. ��. Do the glass beads greatly affect water color or is it possible to achieve a similar water color without them?
    We will be getting abalone!!
    I'll have to make a trip to PB to take some pics of samples that will hopefully resemble some of these awesome water colors.
    You can achieve the water color without the glass. The glass mostly adds visual interest but I don't know that if effects the water color itself. Let us know what your manufacturer choices are and we can make some suggestions for what colors to check out.

20. Back To Top    #20

Here is line right now. It's kinda cloudy today. It is the plaster and stones from Wet Edge Eclipse, with the glass from Wet Edge Deep Sea Blue. I would say our water color in person is a deep bright blue with a hint of turquoise. As you can see, even with clouds blocking the sun the bottom is clearly visible.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast