Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: CC question

1. Back To Top    #1

Wellington, FL

CC question

Hi, I'm new to maintaining my pool. We are just getting back to normal after slamming the pool for mustard green algae. These are my numbers and I'm wondering if I need to do anything about the CC and if everything else looks good.

FC- 7
    CC- 0.5
    Ph- 7.4
    TA- 80

Pool is an inground, concrete with 10k gallon (including a spa that feeds into it).
    '96-'00 Pool, 10x25 (8,500? gal), IG concrete with 7.5ft round spa attached, Pentair Superflo 1.5hp pump, Hayward cartridge C1200 fliter, Test kit: Taylor k-2006.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    Bedford, TX

Re: CC question

You CC is fine at .5 or less. Keep in mind you need to do the CC test immediately after the FC test. If you wait too long it will start turning pink again and can cause some confusion.

All your other number look to me.

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP5200 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2.

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

.5 CC's is the same as zero for our purposes.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4
    SW Louisiana

It is common for pools to cycle between 0 and .5 or so CC just based on blown in dust, etc.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~