Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: FC between 1-3PPM with CYA of 40 PPM, while de-scaling, Asking for problems?

1. Back To Top    #1

FC between 1-3PPM with CYA of 40 PPM, while de-scaling, Asking for problems?

New thread as I want to be more specific. I am de-scaling and ScaleTec requires I keep FC between 1-3PPM. My current CYA level is 40. Am I just asking for problems? I have been maintaining this since last Friday. I am at 3PPM at dust and remain there all night. When I get home from work I am at 1-1.5PPM. Was not sure I am at risk as my CYA/FC is out of the recommended range. I need to continue with this for at least two weeks,

thanks
    33x19, 3'4"-5'6", 7ft spa, baja reef, 14'x9', 18" deep, 10,668 Gal. Quartzite coping, Stonescape Tropics Blue mini-pebble, abalone & glass beads. Jandy Equip.(JXi heater, 2.7HPVS pump, PLC1400 SWG, CV580 filter, Aqualink, LEDs)
    TF-100, Doheny Discovery robot.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: FC between 1-3PPM with CYA of 40 PPM, while de-scaling, Asking for problems?

This *might* be one of the few times we suggest use of Polyquat 60 algaecide, as long as you know your pool is currently algae free it may help you avoid problems during this period.
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Re: FC between 1-3PPM with CYA of 40 PPM, while de-scaling, Asking for problems?

+1 what Y-S said.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

no side effects? I don't have algae, well that I know of, lol.
    33x19, 3'4"-5'6", 7ft spa, baja reef, 14'x9', 18" deep, 10,668 Gal. Quartzite coping, Stonescape Tropics Blue mini-pebble, abalone & glass beads. Jandy Equip.(JXi heater, 2.7HPVS pump, PLC1400 SWG, CV580 filter, Aqualink, LEDs)
    TF-100, Doheny Discovery robot.

5. Back To Top    #5

I don't believe so, except that when you later return your FC level to its normal range you may find your FC dropping more than usual as it burns off the polyquat. That shouldn't last too long.
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain