Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hot tub won't heat

1. Back To Top    #1

Hot tub won't heat

I have a 1997 tiger river spa (Bengal model M). Brand new heater, new high limit, new thermostat. Circulation pump works fine in fact I took it out cleaned it and tested before putting back's good. There are 2 lights 1 is red 1 is green according to Manuel and hot tub guys that's good too. Still no heat. I got this thing free and when I originally installed it it heated right up and was good for about 10 days and then stopped heating. That's when I replaced the heater and high limit and thermostat. Please help

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW Louisiana

Re: Hot tub won't heat

I think 1997 was a transitional year for Watkins, if so I think you have the IQ-2000 control board, but you don't have the digital display of the style that was used for the next 11 or 12 years. If so are you getting voltage to the heater screw terminals when the tub is calling for heat? If not one of the relays may have gone bad on your control board.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~