New Construction - Foiled by weather...again....and again....and again....

dww

Aug 2, 2016
Cameron, MO
Pool builders started building our Vinyl IG 18x36 diving pool on 8/22/16. "If the weather holds out, you will be hosting a pool party on Labor Day", the builder proclaimed. And then the rain started.....and...it...won't...stop...UGH.

We are now waiting for the concrete decking and was hoping to get it poured today. But it started raining this morning and hasn't stopped! And the forecast shows rain the next four days!!! I feel so defeated at this point. Maybe it'll be done before Christmas??

I'll post pictures as soon as I figure out how.

Picture%20340_zpshtmpy96r.jpg

It is killing me that this pool is sitting there full of water. Water that hasn't been properly treated.

I was able to get close enough this morning to get a sample of water. I ran a couple tests with my TF-100 came up with the following results.

TC - 1
PH - 8
TA - 150
CYA - 0

I didn't bother testing for FC as I felt it wouldn't be high enough to even consider at this point. The builders did put several trichlor tablets in my chlorinator which I plan to remove as soon as I have better access to the pool. The TA and pH were a little surprising to me. I expected to be more acidic. I figure the trichlor will help lower the pH and raise CYA. At this point, it is better than nothing.

Its hard to tell, but I don't see an electrical bonding loop there, it should be a continuous copper wire going all the way around the pool and connected to the rebar, and going to a common bonding point at the equipment pad.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.