Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Deck O Seal: Use Traditional or One Step???

1. Back To Top    #1

Deck O Seal: Use Traditional or One Step???

Pool newbie here. Beginning to fix things around my pool and have no experience. I know I need to seal up the gap between my pool and the deck. Deck O Seal recommended by many to me. Should I use the traditional mix myself or the one step?

4 PACK - DECK-O-SEAL One Step Gray 11 oz. 4705012: Retaining Compounds: Amazon.com: Industrial Scientific

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Deck O Seal: Use Traditional or One Step???

I would skip the deckoseal, my PB and many others recommend Sikaflex.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

I thought Sikaflex does not mix with chlorine well and does not self level well. Am I wrong?
    I will post pics soon. My sealing is pretty much temporary as I expect to renovate my pool area with a new deck within a year. But I want to seal things up before the winter and spring rain season coming up.

4. Back To Top    #4

Yes, that is all bad info. My first round lasted 4 years and it was in great shape. The only reason we replaced it because of more than normal movement between the deck and the pool due to our overly expansive black clay soil. It if hadn't pulled away I'm sure it would still be fine.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach