Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool closing question

1. Back To Top    #1

New Jersey

Pool closing question

Preparing my mind for the closing of pool,but trying to stop the Raining day worms from entering .
    I have a mesh safety cover on a inground pool and saw a post that some one slid a rope under the edge of the cover to stop worms from entering pool. .. Has anyone had any luck doing that ? Or any other ideas? Thanks again for all of your help
    17000 gallon in ground,vinyl, sand filter,New Jersey,in the sun all day,TF100 w/speedstir

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    'burbs of Augusta, Georgia

Re: Pool closing question

I have a retracting auto cover and still get millipedes in the pool. I've considered using toy pool noodles against the edge of the pool to see if that cuts down the intruders.

I'm just undecided on how to attach it there so that they're temporary yet secure, and don't mar any finish.
    12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub. Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain
    CLICK HERE to Become a Supporter

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Pool closing question

Yes it defiantly reduced the amount of worms and leaves, i would say about 50-75%. Used a 1/2 thick rope.

Made it a lot easier to open the pool.
    15,000 gallon inground fiberglass pool with spa. 350lb Sand filter, 1.5 hp pump, and heater