Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New to TFP

1. Back To Top    #1

New to TFP

Bought a house with a pool 4 years ago.
    This year I had to resolve some issues with the pump and I found the forum to be incredibly helpful.
    (First pump kept tripping the breaker - replacing the capacitor solved the issue; then I must have upset the seals when I replaced the capacitor as it developed a leak - which was resolved with a shaft seal replacement - total cost ~$20 vs. cost of new pump which was our Plan B...)
    Trying to be more hands on and take complete ownership of care and maintenance of the pool from here on out.
    Hoping the forum will help me over the rough spots...
    16 x 32 inground vinyl liner
    Buster Crabbe pool
    Aqua Genie Skimmer (single return)
    DE Filter
    Hayward 1.5 hp pump (SP-1610-Z1-M)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New to TFP

Welcome to TFP, Casey Glad you found us and that the forum was able to help you with that pump problem.

Yippee
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4

Hi Casey,
    welcome to TFP!

Its always great when someone posts a success story.

enjoy!
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!