Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: errors adding photos from flickr

1. Back To Top    #1

errors adding photos from flickr

hi, when i go to add photos to TFP forum threads, i am getting the following message: "Error: Invalid File". But when i uncheck the "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" box, then i can add the photo. But when I add the photo that way, other users on Tapatalk cant see my photos. Any idea what i am doing wrong?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: errors adding photos from flickr

I'm not sure about how to on Flickr but this link discusses Flickr, Posting Photo's Tutorial
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by pooldv View Post
    I'm not sure about how to on Flickr but this link discusses Flickr, Posting Photo's Tutorial
    Thanks, these are the instructions I have been following. Oddly, it worked no problem when I first started doing it a couple of weeks ago. Just recently I get that invalid file error. I have what seems to be a bypass solution: Uncheck the "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" box, add the photo, then remove all of the text before and after the photo in the post. I dont mind doing it this way, but wanted to make sure it wasnt a forum issue.

4. Back To Top    #4

Flickr doesn't have a IMG code box somewhere that you can copy & paste from?
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

5. Back To Top    #5

I prefer to use Tinypic as you don't have to have an account to use it. TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing Video Hosting
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by JoyfulNoise View Post
    Flickr doesn't have a IMG code box somewhere that you can copy & paste from?
    It has a BBCode but not IMG code, unless it is somewhere I can't find.

Brian - UNDER CONSTRUCTION: 17K gal SW Gunite IG. 17'x23'(w/shelf)x34'. 650sf. 114' perim. 3.5'-5' depth sports pool. 7'x11' sun shelf, 6'x8' spa. Intelliflow VSP, IC60 SWCG, CC420 filter, 4 LEDs (2 Globrite and 2 Intellibrite). Hayward 140K BTU heat pump. Pentair EasyTouch 8 automation. Ivory travertine deck. 8"X16" travertine coping. NPT lightwaves Aquamarine spa tile and marker tiles. Undecided on plaster/pebble finish.

7. Back To Top    #7

Copy and paste the BB code. This has the "IMG" code already inserted into it along with a link that if you click on the photo takes the user to your account to view more of your shared photos.

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by Leebo View Post
    Copy and paste the BB code. This has the "IMG" code already inserted into it along with a link that if you click on the photo takes the user to your account to view more of your shared photos.
    Yes this is what I have been doing. It gives me the error I mentioned and cannot be viewed from tapatalk users.

Brian - UNDER CONSTRUCTION: 17K gal SW Gunite IG. 17'x23'(w/shelf)x34'. 650sf. 114' perim. 3.5'-5' depth sports pool. 7'x11' sun shelf, 6'x8' spa. Intelliflow VSP, IC60 SWCG, CC420 filter, 4 LEDs (2 Globrite and 2 Intellibrite). Hayward 140K BTU heat pump. Pentair EasyTouch 8 automation. Ivory travertine deck. 8"X16" travertine coping. NPT lightwaves Aquamarine spa tile and marker tiles. Undecided on plaster/pebble finish.

9. Back To Top    #9

What happens when you just copy/paste the BB code right into the post without using the Insert Image "photo frame" icon??