Min temp for chlorine production

tlevy

Jun 3, 2015
Ottawa/Ontario
Is 70 a ballpark number, below which no more chlorine is produced - hoping to last another two weeks but am getting lazy with my solar cover given swim season is over for us! I figure at the end of these next two weeks, water will be closer to 60! Or should I should I just start dumping the bleach in now and give the generator a break?

Thanks all!
Tom

What make and model do you have? They are all slightly different but I know my Pentair IntelliChlor throws a cold-water cutoff error at around 58F. Some are spec'd to shut off around 60-62F. It depends, but 60F is generally around the average. It's ok to use all the way down to the cold water cutoff so I would just keep using it until it refuses to generate, then switch to bleach. FC loss rates are so low below 70F that you could probably go a few days without noticing the generator isn't working.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.