Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Time for a new liner what do I need to look for??

1. Back To Top    #1

Time for a new liner what do I need to look for??

My liner lasted 8 years. Developed lots of wrinkles in the last couple of years and now it is loosing some water. The two corners in the shallow end are coming out of their grove all the time too and it just looks bad. So, what do I need to look for? Thicker liner? What are all the options? Never done this before so I am looking for help. Can I get a deal on a liner from someone here? I have the serial number and info on where the original liner came from. Do I need to get the dimensions from there? I figured I would have it installed in the spring but would need to get it lined up this fall before we close it for the winter.

I will need a new cover soon too. We have a coverstar cover. What are the options there?

Thanks
    Hans Deters

Vinyl inground pool. 20 x 50. Pentair 3hp Intelliflo pump @ 1600 rpm. Aprox 45,000 gal. Coverstar cover. Salt generator. Sand filter. Built July 2008.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Time for a new liner what do I need to look for??

The serial number should have the dimensions, but I'm pretty sure only the maker of that liner will know what it is.

I'd start looking for a dealer that sells that brand (if it were me) and looking into available pattern /color choices.

The consensus of the forum as that a thicker mil will not outlast a thinner one, so save your $$$
    16x32 IG Vinyl, 13,000 Gals. Hayward S-244T sand filter, SP2810X15 pump
    (1.5 HP motor) Raypak PR266AEN (266k btu) gas heater. TF-100 Test Kit.
    Dolphin E10 Cleaning Robot.

3. Back To Top    #3

Are you hoping to do a DIY? Auto-covers are tricky.

4. Back To Top    #4

I would love to do it myself but I have a feeling its worth paying someone with experience to do it. Thanks
    Hans Deters

Vinyl inground pool. 20 x 50. Pentair 3hp Intelliflo pump @ 1600 rpm. Aprox 45,000 gal. Coverstar cover. Salt generator. Sand filter. Built July 2008.