Getting ready to close

marlyu

May 24, 2016
Woodbridge, VA
I wanted to ask quickly as I was reading through the Above Ground Pool Closing article in PoolSchool it suggested using a polyquat algaecide. Can someone point me to actual brand names or products that I should look for either online through Amazon or at Leslie's? I'm sure online would be cheaper. TIA.

Just make sure the product you are considering buying actually lists the ingredient as "Poly{oxyethylene(dimethyliminio)Ethylene (dimethyliminio)ethylene dichloride}". That's a mouthful I know. :blah: Numerous places sell stuff online without listing the ingredients, so be careful and ensure you're getting the right stuff (ingredient). People have obtained Polyquat 60 at Pool Stores, on-line, Home Depot, even Wal-Mart. Amazon should have it for just about $20. You might also check with InyoPools.com and tell them you're from TFP. :)

Just make sure the product you are considering buying actually lists the ingredient as "Poly{oxyethylene(dimethyliminio)Ethylene (dimethyliminio)ethylene dichloride}". That's a mouthful I know. :blah: Numerous places sell stuff online without listing the ingredients, so be careful and ensure you're getting the right stuff (ingredient). People have obtained Polyquat 60 at Pool Stores, on-line, Home Depot, even Wal-Mart. Amazon should have it for just about $20. You might also check with InyoPools.com and tell them you're from TFP. :)

Thanks so much TS.

Also, it is very early to close in your area of VA. We strongly recommending waiting to close until the pool water temps are below 60 degrees. We also recommend opening before they reach 60. I assume you read that part, but wanting to make sure...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.