Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Getting ready to close

1. Back To Top    #1

Getting ready to close

I wanted to ask quickly as I was reading through the Above Ground Pool Closing article in PoolSchool it suggested using a polyquat algaecide. Can someone point me to actual brand names or products that I should look for either online through Amazon or at Leslie's? I'm sure online would be cheaper. TIA.
    Kayak 12' x 24' 8600 gallon pool; Vinyl liner; Intex Sand Filter 2800 GPH; TF-100

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Getting ready to close

I think it's just Polyquat 60.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

Just make sure the product you are considering buying actually lists the ingredient as "Poly{oxyethylene(dimethyliminio)Ethylene (dimethyliminio)ethylene dichloride}". That's a mouthful I know. Numerous places sell stuff online without listing the ingredients, so be careful and ensure you're getting the right stuff (ingredient). People have obtained Polyquat 60 at Pool Stores, on-line, Home Depot, even Wal-Mart. Amazon should have it for just about $20. You might also check with InyoPools.com and tell them you're from TFP.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Splash View Post
    Just make sure the product you are considering buying actually lists the ingredient as "Poly{oxyethylene(dimethyliminio)Ethylene (dimethyliminio)ethylene dichloride}". That's a mouthful I know. Numerous places sell stuff online without listing the ingredients, so be careful and ensure you're getting the right stuff (ingredient). People have obtained Polyquat 60 at Pool Stores, on-line, Home Depot, even Wal-Mart. Amazon should have it for just about $20. You might also check with InyoPools.com and tell them you're from TFP.
    Thanks so much TS.
    Kayak 12' x 24' 8600 gallon pool; Vinyl liner; Intex Sand Filter 2800 GPH; TF-100

5. Back To Top    #5

6. Back To Top    #6

Pool installed 8/2015. 30' round Radiant pool. 21,000 gallons. 200# sand. Hayward Vari flow XL valve. 1.5hp Hayward Power-Flo Matrix running 10 hours/day in two periods. TF100 with speed stir. Sun all day, south side of house
    Order test kit TF-100 w/ Speed Stir and then Poolmath Calculator --- RECOMMENDED LEVELS --- POOL SCHOOL --- Algae? --- Chlorine/CYA CHART.

7. Back To Top    #7

Also, it is very early to close in your area of VA. We strongly recommending waiting to close until the pool water temps are below 60 degrees. We also recommend opening before they reach 60. I assume you read that part, but wanting to make sure...