Guys my water temp is now dipping below 78. It is to cold now to enjoy and the highs over 82 are almost gone. I was thinking of covering and closing my pool today or tomorrow and had a few questions.
1) Does the water have to be below 50 or 60 degrees to cover & close?
2) If I should not close until 50 or 60, should I cover and keep an eye on the chemistry and keep filtering?
3) Can I leave the solar cover on the pool and put the winter cover on top of it? I just have no space for it in my shed.
4) Do you guys use a leaf net cover? Doesn't the leaf stems get stuck in the holes? Can some recommend a good one?
5) Do you guys use gizmos? I was thinking about using a return plug and gizmo and not draining the water down. Am I taking a chance? I do not want the skimmer to freeze up and crack obviously.