Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New to TFP

1. Back To Top    #1

League City, TX

New to TFP

Have spent the last couple of months doing research on a new pool build. Have put many, MANY hours in my favorite CAD program trying to visualize what X size pool will look like in our back yard.

Have scoured the internet looking for pros and cons of standard vs saltwater pools. Looked at more specs on more devices than my brain can even remember.

What I've found is that this industry is a lot like the car industry. Folks have their favorites and swear by them which differs from someone else and their favorites. This typically turns into a flame fest about why X is better than Y. Usually leads to amusing posts that go back and forth.

That said:

It's nice to finally find a site dedicated to this industry that isn't simply trying to push X product over Y. With the amount of expertise and experience here, there probably isn't a question that cannot be answered. Which is exactly what folks new to the whole pool thing are looking for
    Fantasy is merely reality divided by zero. . . .

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New to TFP

Welcome, and thank you for the kind words.

Our only favorite here is having you armed with the tools and knowledge to be in complete control of your own pool. Ejoy your time on the forum.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    TF-100 Test Kit, ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Flagstone, 36"SF, Pentair VS Pump, EasyTouch W/Remote, Rheem 400KBTU Htr

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide
    Dallas Ga

Re: New to TFP

When it comes time to pick a pool builder, be sure to post the info here before you sign on the line. We are good at spending other peoples money!! Plus you will get real, honest info about the stuff you are being "sold"
    Bob - Palm Beach by San Juan Pools. approx 5000 gals Pentair 320 cartridge filter (all new guts installed by me) Goldline SWG Intermec 104 TImer Test kit K-2006-C