Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Warranty issues

1. Back To Top    #1

Warranty issues

I've just read through my pool brochure and the one thing that stands out is this "Do not use liquid chlorine, your warranty will be void if you do"

Why? Isn't all chlorine the same? Why are they so against the liquid stuff? Now I'm well and truly unhappy because although this pool is double in size to my last one, I'm pretty sure the liquid chlorine from Bunnings will still work as well and keep my pool sparkling.
    2014 to 2015m pool 10000 litre (2531 Gallons) Bestway Above Ground Pool 412cmx201cmx122cm (162"x72"x48"), 1000GPH Sand Filter Pump System
    2016 New Pool - 3mtrx5.6mtr 20,000 litre Oval Above Ground, 21" Ongar Sand filter with 550 watt pump. (being sunk 60cm inground)

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Warranty issues

That doesn't make a lot of sense to me. You don't really mention what the make/model of your new pool is. Maybe contacting the manufacturer of your pool to confirm what their exact concerns are regarding the use of liquid chlorine. A lot of Aussies use this specific type of liquid chlorine without any problems.
    11 000 gallons, IG, Fibreglass, Monarch Sand Filter, Davey Typhoon C100M 1HP pump, Davey Chloromatic Mc16CTO ESR SWG, Davey Pool Wall Climba Robot, Daisy Solar Cover,
    K-2006

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Truly, as long as you add it correctly (in front of a return with the pump on) how would they know which type you used?
    26' X 52" Intex Ultra Frame. Intex Sand Filter
    26' X 52 Intex Ultra Frame Install
    You can lead a horse to (clear) water, but you can't force him to swim in it!

4. Back To Top    #4

That's exactly what I thought, how would they know and why would it matter? It's strange that they've shown it as a warranty voiding issue. I will ring them tomorrow to find out why. Thanks for replying
    2014 to 2015m pool 10000 litre (2531 Gallons) Bestway Above Ground Pool 412cmx201cmx122cm (162"x72"x48"), 1000GPH Sand Filter Pump System
    2016 New Pool - 3mtrx5.6mtr 20,000 litre Oval Above Ground, 21" Ongar Sand filter with 550 watt pump. (being sunk 60cm inground)

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Mollyj View Post
    That's exactly what I thought, how would they know and why would it matter? It's strange that they've shown it as a warranty voiding issue. I will ring them tomorrow to find out why. Thanks for replying
    I would think it's because the sell their own branded chlorine granules
    5kg Swimming Pool Chlorine Granules | Clearwater Pool Chemicals | Bestway UK
    IG Tear Drop, Dark Gray Gunite , 27,000 gallons -Age 50+-years, very old Hayward Split Egg Sand Filter with side mount Multi-port- Hayward SP2600VSP Pump- Hayward chlorine feed (not used since finding TFP) - Laars 315K BTU Oil heater- LoopLoc Safety cover- AquaBot RAPIDS 4WD- TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speedstir- 390 Gal Hot Springs Spa Envoy installed May 2017

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

Mollyj,

Please let us know who that is and please provide a link to that statement they make.

They are obviously ignorant of Pool Chemistry and perhaps we can enlighten them.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

7. Back To Top    #7

This is the company About - Affordable Pools - Australian above ground pools for sale

I got the pool from their eBay sales, they were very quick with delivery so I can't fault them there. I'll post a piccie of the actual wording from the manual. The pool is their Palm Cove 5.6mtr x 3mtr x 1.32m

8. Back To Top    #8

TFP Guide

The company looks like they make some nice pools with quality materials. As is usually the case with many of the pool builders they make some interesting assertions about pool water chemistry- I personally like the 'Saltwater pools are lower in chlorine than a regularly chlorinated pool'.

I would still contact them as a matter of interest to see why no liquid chlorine? As mentioned how are they going to know what type you use?
    11 000 gallons, IG, Fibreglass, Monarch Sand Filter, Davey Typhoon C100M 1HP pump, Davey Chloromatic Mc16CTO ESR SWG, Davey Pool Wall Climba Robot, Daisy Solar Cover,
    K-2006

9. Back To Top    #9

Technically, the only “Liquid Chlorine” is compressed chlorine gas.