CH and cloudiness

Hi there, brand-new member here...

A week after pulling the cover off, my pool's fine now. Thanks to this forum for all the information that guided me and put my mind at ease while repeatedly shocking the pool and waiting for the water to clear.

Along the way, I got a sample tested at the pool store and it came up low on CH. The tester said he was quite sure adding hardness would clear up the white cloudiness I was still having at the time. This was something I was surprised to hear. I wonder if he was just trying to sell me Hardness-Up, knowing the cloudiness was likely to clear up after a few days of around-the-clock filtering anyways (which it did). Does hardness have any effect on cloudiness? I'm a newbie pool owner, so maybe there is some truth to what he said.

Besides, I thought I didn't need hardness because my pool is vinyl-lined. Is there any reason to care about low calcium in a vinyl pool?

-Mike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.