Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Just starting anybody might know what these stains are?

1. Back To Top    #1

Just starting anybody might know what these stains are?

I posted my first readings the other day and am in the process of trying to get my levels right. But I was wondering if anybody might have suggestions on what these black stains are? My water hardness is out of control and know some is scaling but is the black stain mold? It is only above the waterline where water flows into pool from rocks. No mold in pool. Not sure if I should wait to even address it until I get my CYA and chlorine under control. ThanksIMG_4497.JPGIMG_4489.JPGIMG_4490.JPG

TF-100 kit, 22k gallon IG, Gunite, Jandy CV580D cartridge filter, Pentair Whisperflo pump, Pentair Automation system w/Easy Touch remote, Pentair LA01N Pump w/ Polaris, attached hot tub w/Pentair MasterTemp 400 heater, Silencer Air Blower 2.0 hp

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Just starting anybody might know what these stains are?

Have you tried spraying it with diluted bleach and letting it sit abit?
    26' X 52" Intex Ultra Frame. Intex Sand Filter
    26' X 52 Intex Ultra Frame Install
    You can lead a horse to (clear) water, but you can't force him to swim in it!

3. Back To Top    #3

I have never seen anything like that. No idea what it is. I agree, try bleach and a brush first. Then try some diluted muriatic acid, start with a 3 or 4 to 1 dilution. Go stronger from there if it doesn't work. Always add acid to water when diluting.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks! I'll try some bleach first and go from there

TF-100 kit, 22k gallon IG, Gunite, Jandy CV580D cartridge filter, Pentair Whisperflo pump, Pentair Automation system w/Easy Touch remote, Pentair LA01N Pump w/ Polaris, attached hot tub w/Pentair MasterTemp 400 heater, Silencer Air Blower 2.0 hp