Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: TF-100 Test Results

1. Back To Top    #1

Question TF-100 Test Results

Still struggling to get my pH down. It reads the highest the test goes every time (8.2). Any help would be appreciated. Just had a new Salt Cell installed about 3 days ago, so not sure if that has anything to do with it. Here are my latest results from this evening.

pH=8.2
    FC=17.5
    CC=1
    TC=18.5
    CH=450
    TA=120
    CYA=80
    18k gal, IG gunite, saltwater, Hayward TurboCell, Hayward cartridge filter, spa w/water feature

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: TF-100 Test Results

You need to use muriatic acid to lower ph and TA.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

- - - Updated - - -

This will help you understand.
    Pool School - Lower Total Alkalinity
    VinDeeLoo
    7600 gallons ~ AG ~ Summer Waves Cartridge C Filter ~ using pump that came with our Summer Waves 18 x 48 pool ~ Taylor K-2006 (SpeedStir & Sample Sizer) ~ no well water or water restrictions

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

With FC above 10, the pH test is unreliable. Let your FC drift down to 10 or less and check the pH again.

What is your salt level?
    How does your water look?
    Why is your FC so high? were you SLAMming?

With a SWCG, you might want to work on getting your TA down in the 60-ish range to help keep your pH a bit more stable. Of course, do this only after you've tweak all your other numbers.
    Gene
    ​12,300 gal IG play pool - Pebbletec - built 10/1999 || Hayward S360SX 36" sand filter || Hayward Ecostar SP3400 VSP || A&A In-Floor cleaning system || Quik Water Leveler || Quik Dek-clor (limited use)
    TF-100 testkit / Speedstir - A good test kit is not an expense, it's an investment

4. Back To Top    #4

Salt level is at 3200 ppm. Have not slammed or anything like that. Salt cell is running at 85%. Water is crystal clear.

How do I let my FC drift down?
    18k gal, IG gunite, saltwater, Hayward TurboCell, Hayward cartridge filter, spa w/water feature

5. Back To Top    #5

Turn the SWG down or even off.
    16 x 32 17500 gallons
    Vinyl in-ground
    Hayward 250# Sand Filter
    1 HP Pump
    Hayward SWG

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Griswald View Post
    Turn the SWG down or even off.
    +1
    And test to see how much it drops - daily. Once it's 10 or below, test and adjust pH.

Oh, how many hours per day is the pump running?
    Please add your pump make and model number to your signature (filter model number and SWCG model too).
    Gene
    ​12,300 gal IG play pool - Pebbletec - built 10/1999 || Hayward S360SX 36" sand filter || Hayward Ecostar SP3400 VSP || A&A In-Floor cleaning system || Quik Water Leveler || Quik Dek-clor (limited use)
    TF-100 testkit / Speedstir - A good test kit is not an expense, it's an investment