Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: "Trouble Free Pool" for lawn care?

1. Back To Top    #1

"Trouble Free Pool" for lawn care?

This is the best site on the internet for maintaining a pool, no doubt. What is the equivalent for lawn care? I would like a nice, full, green lawn, but it's not easy. I need a site like this to get my lawn under control.
    14,000 gallons - oval shape - inground
    Chlorinator - Hayward CL-200 EF
    Sand filter - SwimPro SW-236T
    Pump - Hayward Super Pump C48K2N143B3
    Heater - Solar (roof)

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: "Trouble Free Pool" for lawn care?

Lawn is easy. Water every other day. Fertlize early in the season. Weed killer before the weeds start to show. Mow every third day.
    Bob - Palm Beach by San Juan Pools. approx 5000 gals., Pentair 320 cartridge filter (all new guts installed by me), Goldline SWG, 'New to me' Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark, Intermec 104 Timer Test kit: TF-100 w/Speed Stir

3. Back To Top    #3

Lawn Care Nut has the best lawncare info. He has a YouTube channel and Facebook page. Great advice that is focused on mostly organic lawncare.
    To be built Spring 2016. 750 sq foot gunite free form. Raised spa with spillover and dedicated pump, 16 foot fiberglass slide built into hill with bolder steps, approx 1,000 sq foot stamped concrete deck, Pentair VS+SVRS pump, Sta-Rite 400,000 btu gas heater, Sta-Rite System 3 cartridge filter, Pentair Intellichlor IC60 SWG, Pentair Intellichem, Pentair Easytouch, Rapids 4WD pool cleaner, 2 LED Intellibrite lights.

4. Back To Top    #4

Several metropolitan cities in the US have weekly shows hosted by local gardeners on National Public Radio. These folks provide advice on how/what/when to do stuff to your yard, while also warning about things you definitely want to avoid. Local garden centers are aware of this advice and tend to stock the aforementioned stuff you'll need to purchase. Different areas have different climates and different types of grass and differing water needs. I've had really good luck with this in a few different cities. Do you have anything equivalent up there in the Great White North? If nothing else, check in with your local garden center.
    23' x 37' IG 18.5k gallon SWG w/ raised spa, Build Thread -->Here
    Wet Edge® Pearl Matrix®, Hayward® SwimClear™ 525 ft², Hayward® Goldline Controls® PS-8
    4x Hayward® TriStar™ pumps, Paramount PCC2000® ICS, TF-100 w/Speedstir

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by pabeader View Post
    Lawn is easy. Water every other day. Fertlize early in the season. Weed killer before the weeds start to show. Mow every third day.
    Wish it was that easy. It's like saying "put in chlorine, run a pump, vacuum when dirty and you'll have a clean pool!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mam262 View Post
    Lawn Care Nut has the best lawncare info. He has a YouTube channel and Facebook page. Great advice that is focused on mostly organic lawncare.
    Thanks, will check that out.

Quote Originally Posted by JayBauman View Post
    Several metropolitan cities in the US have weekly shows hosted by local gardeners on National Public Radio. These folks provide advice on how/what/when to do stuff to your yard, while also warning about things you definitely want to avoid. Local garden centers are aware of this advice and tend to stock the aforementioned stuff you'll need to purchase. Different areas have different climates and different types of grass and differing water needs. I've had really good luck with this in a few different cities. Do you have anything equivalent up there in the Great White North? If nothing else, check in with your local garden center.
    I'll look into that, thanks.
    14,000 gallons - oval shape - inground
    Chlorinator - Hayward CL-200 EF
    Sand filter - SwimPro SW-236T
    Pump - Hayward Super Pump C48K2N143B3
    Heater - Solar (roof)

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Bisons View Post
    Wish it was that easy. It's like saying "put in chlorine, run a pump, vacuum when dirty and you'll have a clean pool!"
    Haha. This!

Best lawn care decision I've made: wrote the check for fake grass. Kids love playing on it. Truth be told, the best part was selling the lawnmower.
    ~john
    24.5K G, pebble, SuperFlo VS 1.5, 48sq DE filter, Hayward H250FDN, Autopilot RC-52, Poolvergnuegen & 3 daily swimmers in season.

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

TFPC is just about that easy. You forgot test water. So is lawn care is even easier, nothing to test
    Bob - Palm Beach by San Juan Pools. approx 5000 gals., Pentair 320 cartridge filter (all new guts installed by me), Goldline SWG, 'New to me' Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark, Intermec 104 Timer Test kit: TF-100 w/Speed Stir

8. Back To Top    #8

DIY lawn care? Anyone?

I asked a similar question a few months back. Here's the thread.
    Pool completed 3/21/2016
    8800 gallons, plaster 14' x 24', 3/4 hp Hayward pump, Hayward cartridge filter, Blue Essence T-5 SWG, Kreepy Krauly Kruiser, Taylor K-2006 test kit with Speedstir, Taylor K-1766 salt test and 250 sq. ft. of Heliocol solar panels with Pentair Solartouch control system