Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: PLEASE HELP me identify this "larvae" on pool wall!

1. Back To Top    #1

Cedar Hill

Question PLEASE HELP me identify this "larvae" on pool wall!

I hope I'm loading these pictuers correctly, there are two.

Saltwater above ground pool two years old. These "worms" attach either to the steps or to the pool wall at the water line. They are clear, like a gel, attached on a "string" or directly to the wall with a tiny brown dot. When I magnify the pictures with my phone, there are teeny reddish brown "seed" looking things in a zig zag pattern through it. It's about 1" to 1-1/2" long, and the water return makes them just swish around. My water stays very clean and I can't come up with where they are coming from. If I clean them off, they are back almost overnight.

I dont' know what in the world they are, I don't let them stay long enough to see what happens to them. My pool place doesn't know what they are. I've looked up bloodworms, and the larvae doesn't match.

I have a tree frog that stays on my deck, and I caught it once on the wall of my pool. But I looked up frog larvae, and can't match a picture of that, either.

Can anyone else PLEASE help me with identifying this?
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tampa, FL

Re: PLEASE HELP me identify this "larvae" on pool wall!

I would guess they are toad or frog eggs. Do you test your water?
    Kelly, Tampa FL
    15' by 4' Intex above ground metal frame, about 5300 gallons
    Intex 120V Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump & Saltwater System CG-28679 with E.C.O.
    TF100 Kit and Speedstir
    Intex Auto Cleaner - works great!