Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Bleach vs Flagstone

1. Back To Top    #1

Bleach vs Flagstone

This is a noob question but I don't know the answer. Does splashing chlorine bleach on flagstone coping bleach the rock? I started out assuming it would, but now I am not so sure. If I can confirm it does not affect the rock, this will make my bleach additions much less troublesome and worry free.
    30,000 gal free-form IG w/ spa, PebbleSheen Blue Surf, Pentair cartridge filter, Pentair 3 HP Intelliflo, extra pump that is way over-sized for weeping moss rocks, Dolphin Oasis Z5, municipal water, all built Jan-Feb 2016. TF-100, SpeedStir, Liquidator 3/8", borates. My build thread http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...-in-Cypress-TX

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Bleach vs Flagstone

Bleach can affect stone in many ways depending on the constituents of the stone. Some flagstone has iron in it which gives it a reddish blush. Chlorine can definitely cause that to develop more into a brown color. I once splashed a small droplet of bleach on one of the stones in my waterfall and it took the color right out of it. That was 2 years ago and I can still see the spot today.

If you're pouring around your stone, the best thing to do us wet the area down with some pool water to help dilute any splashes.
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Bleach vs Flagstone

Okay, good to know. Thanks
    30,000 gal free-form IG w/ spa, PebbleSheen Blue Surf, Pentair cartridge filter, Pentair 3 HP Intelliflo, extra pump that is way over-sized for weeping moss rocks, Dolphin Oasis Z5, municipal water, all built Jan-Feb 2016. TF-100, SpeedStir, Liquidator 3/8", borates. My build thread http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...-in-Cypress-TX