Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Looking for a solid but bargain pool cover for winter

1. Back To Top    #1

Looking for a solid but bargain pool cover for winter

Hey

I've had my house for a few years and I always have bought the "10 year" covers and know they really only last for the year because twice I've tried to use them with a lot of headache come the next year when I go to open the pool with the cover having a lot of holes.

Basically just looking for a solid 'tarp-like' cover with some water ballast (I prefer the dual tube because it seems a lot of leaks always occur with these things).

Basically been checking amazon because that's where I went before. Did the local pool store one year but the cost and quality was quite low despite replacing tubes that leaked.

Anyway...just trying to find the best one year type cover while keeping it budget friendly.
    -Jay

20800 Gallons
    Sand Filter
    In ground
    Vinyl
    1 hp pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Looking for a solid but bargain pool cover for winter

Bump everyone! Open to ideas!
    -Jay

20800 Gallons
    Sand Filter
    In ground
    Vinyl
    1 hp pump

3. Back To Top    #3

I'll look when I get home and see what the brand I bought at the PS is. I get one every year too.
    13700 gal, 32'x16'x54" AG oval, vinyl, Echo Canyon II, 8500 series, Narrow Yard, Safety Fence & Stair, Sta-Rite Crystal Flow T-210WF, 44 GPM, Hayward SP1580TL 1HP Pump, Aqua Luminator, Festiva wedding cake steps, March 2006, TFT-100, Speed-Stir, Sample Sizer. Avatar Credit: TJ Townsend

4. Back To Top    #4

I think I'm getting a new "10" year cover every 2 years...

24' x 54" Oceanic Round AGP, 1090 Hayward Skimmer, EC-40 Filter system, Automatic Chlorinator. Pool will be in Full sun for most of the day (9am-6pm).