Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: in ground pool skimmer suggestions? where to buy?

1. Back To Top    #1

in ground pool skimmer suggestions? where to buy?

I'm well on m way to replacing the skimmer. I'm going to take pictures and try to post info that will be helpful to others in the future. I can not find a name or model number on my skimmer. I've removed the concrete around it and dug down around it and just have to un hook it.

are there any definite ones to stay away from? Good place to buy? does not seem to be something the local pool center has (some didn't even seem to know what a pool skimmer was: young employees)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: in ground pool skimmer suggestions? where to buy?

Sunplay or INYO Pools are my two fave pool stores. The skimmer info is usually on the underside of the skimmer lid.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by pooldv View Post
    Sunplay or INYO Pools are my two fave pool stores. The skimmer info is usually on the underside of the skimmer lid.

No ,model number under the lid. there is what looks like a logo. NSF. and the lid part number but nothing about the skimmer itself.

I just figured out nfs isn't a company but a industry standard service

4. Back To Top    #4

That is correct. Googling the part number and skimmer might get you something.
    TFP Moderator
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by pooldv View Post
    That is correct. Googling the part number and skimmer might get you something.

Then i think this is the one I have. the pentair admiral Pentair Admiral S20, Flap Weir, Is it considered a good skimmer? I mean mine lasted a long time but they may be better ones now

6. Back To Top    #6

I would use the same one just because it is probably easier to reinstall with less fit issues. Pentair certainly makes great products. They are in the top 2 or 3. Our Pentair skimmers work great.
    TFP Moderator

7. Back To Top    #7

sounds good to me.. thanks for the advice. I'm gonna order one tomorrow