Help with valve settings pool/ spa

Sep 11, 2016
Chandler, AZ
Hi all

I just bought a pre own home with a pool/spa

I can't for the life of me seem to get the valve positions correct for normal use, cleaning (pool sweeper) and spa use

The Jandy Valves were labeled at one time but he AZ heat has discolored them somewhat

There are 4 Valves

Spa suction - 1
Pool suction / pool cleaner - 1
Spa return / pool return - 1
Spa (something faded) - 1

Attached is a picture of the equip

00a47f8b057fca994abb605000496fee.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to TFP!

The pump suction line on the left is currently set for spa OFF, turning it 180° will close off pool suction and open spa suction. So, in the pic the suction is coming from the pool. The middle pool suction line is also OFF. If you turn the pooo valve counterclockwise it will open the middle pool suction line and Cloe the right pool suction line.

Here is what I see.POOL.jpg
Forgot that the spa only use valve, turn is 180 degrees counter clock wise. I'm guessing they have them set for counter clock wise turn.

When I had my pool put in a couple of years ago I was SHOCKED to find the valve handle convention is different than the "normal" valve handle convention. When the valve handle is perpendicular to the pipe, the valve is open. I still get confused when I look at my piping. Make sure you understand the relationship of valve handle position to the direction of flow. Wonder why they did it that way.

BTW, the one valve I failed to circle would allow you to divert more water back to the pool and less to the spa spillover. In most cases you do sort of just have a small spillover and return more water back to the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.